- 4 slices sourdough bread thickly sliced (approximately ½”)
- 8 ounces (approximately 8 slices) cheddar cheese slices
- 1 Granny Smith apple thinly sliced (skin removed if desired)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter softened (or more, if desired)
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons butter to a small skillet.
- Add the apple slices and cook over medium-high heat, until deeply browned.
- Flip the apples and drizzle them with the maple syrup. Allow the apples to brown on the second side.
- Remove the caramelized apples from the skillet and wipe the skillet clean.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of sourdough bread.
- Place the sourdough bread, butter side down, in a heated skillet.
- Top the bread with 1 slice of cheese, some of the caramelized apple slices, another slice of cheese and a slice of the sourdough, butter side up.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- Flip, and cook the other side of the sandwich until browned.
- Remove from the skillet and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply